Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

CD 10 and Fun Filled Activities

Today is cycle day 10! Woot! I finished my increased dose of Clomid (100mg cd 5-9) yesterday, which means the hormonal monster should be gone for a little while. My last dose was 50mg cd 3-7 and for the most part, it was so much worse! I wasn't very moody, but I was nauseas, had terrible acne, gained weight, had hot flashes, it was awful! This time however, I was tired and moody as all hell! DH was a little afraid. Was anyone else like that?

Being cd 10, I got to return to the hospital for more labs! Yeah! I think I'm starting to look like a junkie ;o) On the positive side, they only had to stick me once! That's a record for me! True, the phlebotomist had to use the needle made for babies, but she did it in one shot! Take that stubborn veins!

After lab work I went and checked into radiology. My doctor prescribed an HSG this cycle... If you don't know what that is, I'll a quick explanation. A hysterosalpingogram, or HSG, is an x-ray of the uterus and fallopian tubes. What they do is sit you on an exam table and prepare like they would a pap smear. They then insert a catheter into your uterus and inject a dye.They then take a couple x-rays, have you tilt in a couple different directions, take some more x-rays, and then you're done. They want the dye to shoot out of your fallopian tubes, because that means there are no blockages. This also shows the shape of the uterus and fallopian tubes. They advise you to take an ibuprofen before the appointment because the procedure is painful. This is great unless you forget to take the pill. At that point you are laying on an exam table with a tube in your uterus gritting your teeth because it HURTS. It's nine hours later, and I still hurt. I used to think I wanted to give birth with no epidural... I might change my mind.

After the procedure the radiologist showed me the pictures and said everything looks fine. He says there looks to be a small abnormality in one of my fallopian tubes, but it didn't block anything. He said that since there was no blockage it shouldn't cause any type of problem. Additionally, he told me that women who have this procedure done experience a 30% increase in fertility for that cycle! THIRTY PERCENT! I will GLADLY take some uterine discomfort for a 30% increase! I'll be honest, I really have my hopes up for this cycle!

OPK CD 10 10/19/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment